Wednesday, April 17, 2013

LIB 110 "Imitation of Artwork"


I really enjoy Pablo Picasso's paintings. I imitated Picasso's cubism style in art, which was developed between 1908 and 1912.  The imitation that I created from Picasso's paintings is a twist of my own perspective on how I see his cubism style. I focused mainly on bright colors, and the many shapes and lines that his cubist style includes. Picasso's cubism style is very abstract and that's basically what I based my imitation on. I got a lot of ideas from all of his cubism paintings and came up with my own imitation, Picasso used the geometry of George Braque faceted paintings to create a style that was abstract in essence. That is exactly what I imitated and incorporated in my artwork, which is the face of a man wearing a hat and his face is made up by many different sized shapes with bright colors. I drew the man's face features kind of unproportional from each other because that's the way Picasso's cubism paintings look to me. I really emphasized the color on my artwork because in some of Picasso's cubism art he did the same and I really found that interesting and beautiful because the bright colors made the painting look vivid.

No comments:

Post a Comment